Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Lavender Biscuits

What an amazing winter's day 24 degrees bright blue skies, how lucky we are. My mum is on holidays so we decided to take a walk around her estate. We came across this beautiful bush of lavender the colours of the flowers were an amazing deep purple. Tegwen a girl I worked with gave me a recipe years ago for Lavender Biscuits so I thought what a great opportunity to try it out. The lady that lived in the house was lovely she was only to happy for me to pick some flowers from her lavender bush.
I came home and got started the recipe it is quick and easy a great one to whip up for a afternoon tea.


Lavender Biscuites 
100g butter,softened
90g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
150g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon fresh lavender


Preheat oven to 150 degrees
Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy
Mix the dry ingredients with the lavender flowers and stir into butter cream to make a crumbly dough
Shape into small balls and put them on a lined baking tray
Bake for 20-25min.

Sit down and enjoy with a nice cup of tea!