Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Cinnamon & Cracked Black Pepper Parfait


I know what your thinking cracked pepper in parfait....yuk!
Hear me out!


I have finally finished all my Christmas shopping which is a massive relief. I had good intensions of not buying anything for myself but that didn't quite work to plan!
Most of my purchases were over the internet, where it is so easy to get carried away specially when it is just a click of the finger.

Let me just say how addictive is Etsy! I love this site. I got totally carried away with all the amazing milk glass, cushion covers and blue and white porcelain.....which is for my Mum.....really!


Living in Brisbane you are almost guarantied a steamy hot Christmas day. So there is nothing better than having a cold desert. The cinnamon and cracked pepper in this parfait really compliment each other. It sounds so wrong but tastes so right. 


Cinnamon & Cracked Black Pepper Parfait
3 egg yolks 
3/4 cups of icing sugar
1 1/2 cups of cream lightly whipped{soft peaks}
2 egg whites
6 teaspoons of caster sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of cracked black pepper

Whisk egg yolks & icing sugar in a large bowl over a bain-marie until thick and creamy sabayon has been achieved
Fold through the lightly whipped cream
Whisk the egg whitest a soft foam and while still mixing slowly
add sugar until all is dissolved
Fold egg whites through the mixture of egg yolk and cream and finally add the cinnamon and cracked black pepper
Pour mixture into a a log-shaped mould or deep tray cover and freeze for 6 hours, or overnight
Cut into slices and serve immediately with biscotti and a berry compote. 

Happy Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. I found this recipe 20 years ago in our local paper. I have friends that DEMAND I make it for them at least once a year. I like to crack the pepper very coarse.

    ReplyDelete