Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Blueberry Sponge Cake

I have decided to ignore all the Christmas decorations in the stores, they have been out for over a month and it is way to soon! Maybe I should start baking for Christmas day? ...... no that is a ridiculous thought. I do love Christmas but before I start cooking all those delicious little goodies, I must show you a few more of my favourite spring recipes.


I have been inspired by all the gorgeous Jacaranda trees that are out in bloom this spring. Their amazing colour, a magnificent shade of light purple which is so vibrant you can see them from miles away. 
Hense the Blueberry Sponge Cake, this is a real favourite in our family. Trust me take a break and enjoy a warm piece of cake and a coffee....you deserve it!!


Blueberry Sponge Cake
3 eggs 
225g caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
150g butter,softened
100ml milk
210g plain flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
120g frozen or fresh blueberries


Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
Beat together the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract till white and fluffy
Melt in butter and stir in milk. Mix into egg mixture
Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Carefully fold into egg mixture
Stir through blueberries
Pour mixture into a buttered ring pan make sure to line with flour
Bake in the middle of the oven for 40-45min or until cooked
Leave to cool and turn onto a wire rack.


Ella xx