Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Almond & Coconut Loaf

Wow what a day! I have been to the city, where everyone is on a mission. The city is great but I must admit I do love the peaceful innocence of suburbia. I enjoy the space and community that it has to offer..... I sound really old, don't I? 
I have my Grandparents popping over for afternoon tea. Some of you might not know but I am a hairdresser, and it has become a ritual that as well as indulging in tea and a piece of cake, I do my Granny's hair once a week. This week it is a moist almond and coconut cake, this is such an easy recipe and great to freeze and use when needed.


Almond & Coconut Loaf
150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
2 eggs
155g plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 cup of milk
1/3 cup of almond meal
1 cup of coconut
Handfull of flaked almonds

Preheat oven to 175 degrees
Beat together the butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy
Add the eggs one at a time
Mix all the dry ingredients and fold into the mixture
Pour mixture into a lined loaf tin and sprinkle with flaked almonds
Place into the centre of the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.

Try slicing and toasting it in a frying pan, and serve with a spoonful of ice-cream!