Pages

Friday 11 November 2011

Herb & Butter Potato's


 We just got back from a road trip to Lennox Head, we visited my sister in-law's new home. It is only two streets away from one of NSW's most amazing surf beaches. I also had a photography lesson to learn how to use my new camera,  as I have had it for a month and had no clue on what I was doing.
Can you remember those family road trips? Usually painfully long and boring. Yelling to the front ARE WE THERE YET!! My brother always had a knack of pushing my buttons!! You know how you have a favourite spot either in the car or on the couch, well my brother would always sit in my seat…yes my seat! No wonder my Mum would half the time ignored  us, it probably drove her insane.  
This trip was more peaceful, we had Angus and Julia stone playing and the surfboards on the roof. We had the most amazing day and a fab BBQ lunch, all local produce from the Bangalow farmers markets. I had to share with you the recipe for these gorgeous buttery potato's…Yum Yum Yum!!!


Herb & Butter Potato's
10 kipfler potato's 
25g butter
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons of lemon rind
squeeze of a lemon
salt and pepper to season

Peel the potato's and boil till just soft,place to the side to cool
Put the butter and oil in a fry pain over a medium heat
Meanwhile cut the cooled potato's in half and place into the hot butter mixture
Toss potato's around with lemon rind and salt and pepper till golden
Sprinkle parsley all over and serve.

Thanks Em xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment